Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Mom

It's not early ... but seems early to me. It's 10am and I have soooo much to get done today and the business meeting is tonight... but there is a really good (or bad - I don't know what fits there) reason that I just want to crawl back into bed.

My mom called me yesterday morning at 4:45. No call at 4:45 in the morning is ever good. She was having severe stomach pains and vomiting all night. She has also had other stomach problems for months and it has just gotten to the point of being unbareable and the time has finally come to find out what is wrong. She has also had 4 UTI (urinary tract infections) in the last 3 months.

We don't have any definite news yet .. but they are looking at 2 things. One - they found gallstones. The second - there is an abnormality that showed up on the cat scan on her pancreas. So they are wanting to rule out cancer. She was admitted but before she went from the ER to her room the doctor that said he will be taking over her case (Dr Tran) came in and was so nonchalant and actually talked about sending her home!! UM... nope. I told him that no, I was not taking her home. And he said well, it looks like your primary care doctor is already working on all of this. And then I told him - yes, but he is taking the slow boat and it might be 4 months before he finds out anything!!! NO - keep her here and find out what is wrong!!! What I really wanted to tell him is that you don't seem like you are interested in finding out what's wrong - please find a doctor that is.

Personally I think it is the gallstones. My sister and an old friend both had gallstones and at least one of the stones and a bunch of sludge (actual word used by both of their doctors) escaped the gallbladder and reached the pancreas and caused all kinds of problems. And they all sound much like what my mom has.

So, until they find out any different or God lets me know for sure that cancer is His plan - I am sticking to the gallstones story.

I know they talked about doing an MRI but I don't know when that will be. But that has to happen before the release early crazy doctors try to send her home. She is clautrophobic and can't have an MRI unless she is asleep.

Well, I really need to get going.
Any and all prayers are appreciated!!!

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

I'll stick to the gallstones story, too! I'm still praying for her...and you too.