Monday, March 10, 2008

Desires of Your Heart....

My oldest son will be graduating high school soon. The first question asked when someone is graduating is, "What will you do afterward?" My son really has no idea. But what I have been telling him over and over is follow the desires of his heart. They were put there by our loving God and direct our paths as to how we can be best used to glorify Him.

I have also been reading the most awesome blog (I have mentioned it several times) .. but it is the almost daily description of a woman and her life with her horses. From her blog I have followed other blogs and links and watched other women interacting with their incredible horses.

Both of these activities have gotten me to thinking ... shouldn't I be following the same advise I have been giving my son?

So, I sat with that for a while and asked God to reveal to me what it is I can do with this desire. And it came to me... I know we serve a God of second chances and I want to be able to have a place that offers that to horses ... and to people. Somewhere people who are hurting can come and be "ministered to" by the unconditional love that these animals offer. And somewhere horses that are thought of by other people to be of no good use anymore... a final home and a place to show that they are not only useful but needed and loved. (much like this place)

It will be nonprofit ... so I hope that someone offers grants to finance it all....

The perfect land will have a lake on it ... so that my husband can fish and teach others the same. It will have a house that is not in perfect condition - but one that has potential and that John and I can work on to make our own. It will have at least 5 acres of land and a barn close to the house - if not somehow attached (right Victoria?) It will be in a state in the midwest ... somewhere between Texas (mine and my son's family) and Vegas (my husbands' son)... OH - and John doesn't really like the rain but he's ok with a little snow.

I know ... sounds like a tall order. But I know that nothing is too big for My God... and if he starts a good work - He will be faithful to see it to completion!!!

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

Your Maxine comic today is hilarious! We should ask Nancy to print it in the church bulletin, don't you think? LOL

Anonymous said...

in between Texas and Vegas.... that doesn't sound like California to me :/. I'll work with the children, and won't request that there be cowboys without shirts on lol.

I'll even ride a horse, but i can't guarantee the lack of tears :/

*and thank you for the comment (: *