Friday, February 1, 2008

Majorly Impressed!!!

I teach a class for our homeschool academy. Well, actually I facilitate a class. The class is called, "What I want to be.." I arrange for different speakers to come in and tell the class about their professions.... hoping that it would encourage the students to start listening to their heart and thinking about their future careers.
My first class of the semester was today and I found out yesterday that my speaker couldn't show... so while talking to my friend Alexis on the computer who was talking to our friend Nicky on the phone... Nicky volunteered to help me out. Nicky and Alexis used to have their own business where they made fabulous jewelry. So - in no time at all - Nicky put together one of the most professional and well laid out presentations that I have ever seen. She was flawless!! She came with a powerpoint show, handouts and examples of product. She told the class all the steps necessary to open their own business and what were the most important aspects for being a business owner and self employed. Really all I could do was stand there with my mouth open...

After that - it was the opening day for Community's Child. www.communityschild.org (one day I will learn how to put those sleak links in .. maybe Nicky will show me?) The house was doubled in size and is absolutely fabulous. The most heard statement today was, "when can I move in?"
I have watched and been a part of the build from day one and have been amazed almost daily of the gifts and people that God has brought to Communitys Child... Today there was probably a 100 or so people in and out of the house ..... but Tara believes that this construction of this house and this new charity have already touched the lives of over 8,000 people!!! And we don't even have anyone living in the house yet!!! No other way to say it... God is awesome!!!

No comments: