Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a Surprise!!!

Last night I was minding my own business ... trying to complete the monthly financial reports for the church ... when all of a sudden I was abducted from my office ... blindfolded and driven in circles until we reached our destination.

When we reached where we were going ... I was directed out of the van and into a gate... blindfold removed - and saw friends and family waiting to yell surprise!!!

I was then told by everyone there how hard my husband worked to pull off this fabulous event. The theme was Princess Pony... or Rodeo Queen - I'm not quite sure... but it was girly and horsey all at the same time... there were bales of hay... horsey signs and balloons... a wanted poster picture booth... and everyone in cowboy hats. And food ... oh my the food... John bought brisket (they don't know what that is here), chicken, cocktail sausages, chips, dip, and then was forced to get a salad and something green for the table. He even went all the way to Lynwood to pickup a huge barbque pit (ranch style) ... and bought a smoker.

The cake was cupcakes with the cutest horsey candles... I loved it. Loved it all... I'm still quite amazed as to how my husband and friends pulled this off. Oh they lies they have been telling me all week... :-)

I am still in amazement of the show of love from my friends and church family....
I will add some pictures after they are posted on other's sites and I can steal them... I can't wait to see them myself!!

I don't turn 40 until Wednesday... and will be holding on to 39 until the last minute... until then - I now need to go and complete those financial reports!!

No comments: