Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I told you I was busy...

I haven't blogged in days... mainly because I have been too busy to stop and write down all that I have been doing.

Let's see I last blogged on 2/8 ... that was Friday ... since then:

Saturday 2/9 - Jake turned 7!!! We had a great time with our friends at the bowling alley. He had 9 friends join him for his birthday.... somewhere is my camera with the pictures on it.

Sunday 2/10 - I taught in Beginners Church ... I had one helper... and she rarely comes to church... her kids were not there... I think it was good for her to have a day without them... and to have an identity of a woman - not just the boys mom... I feel really bad for her. I learn more and more about her relationship with her husband... he is borderline abusive. Well, I say that he IS abusive.. not physically but mentally - and in my book that is soooo much worse. She said she talked to someone... asking if she could divorce her husband... and she said he told her to stick it out.... I sure hope that this is one of those times that the one who was counseling her just didn't hear the whole story.... I can't imagine anyone giving someone advise to stay with an abuser.
After church we had a Department Head meeting.... in my opinion the meeting went rather quickly (which is good)... but I was agitated for most of the meeting. Way too much eye rolling... and that's all I'm gonna say here.

Monday 2/11 - Nicky and I had made a plan that we were going to meet in Beginners every Monday and do general cleaning and straightening... well, there was Christmas holidays, and other stuff that has gotten us out of the routine. So we decided yesterday to meet. Alexis joined us. We walked in and I thought it was going to be a day of leggos go here, cars go here ... wiping stuff down, etc. I looked over to the wall paper that has been getting worse by the day and I couldn't take it any more. So we decided to take it down .... I had been searching for a replacement wall paper .. but nothing really hit me and wallpaper is expensive !!!! So, we decided to get material instead. So, off to Joanne's .... me, Alexis, Nicky and 5 kids... The wall already has a huge rainbow mural on it - so we needed to find something that could go at the bottom of the wall that would not distract but would somehow tie into the rainbow... we found a green material that has leaves on it ... so stretched across the wall it looks like a giant bush. Then we stumbled on these awesome tin critters .... they are multicolored 3D animals that would be found in a garden. (Butterfly, dragonfly, frog, lizard of some sort, and a lady bug) The plan was to put the along the bottom like they were on the bush.... So on Monday we got the material up ... and that was about it....
That night was the monthly knitting circle... women of all ages gathering with yarn and tools attempting to make something. Well - that's what I am doing. I am on scarf #2 ... and looks like it is turning out much like the first one.. more of a pennant than a scarf.... oh well ... I enjoy the fellowship.

Tuesday 2/12: At Joannes on Monday we had also talked about the bulletin boards in the room.... how there is only one and there is a debate as to who it belongs to.... so we decided to find a creative way to create another bulletin board in the room.... We found cork squares. We decided that the one pack of 4 was not enough so I had to return to Joanne's to get more. While I was there .. I went against the feng shui girls and decided to buy more things for the wall... they had these really pretty flowers... and I got a sun.... I had really wanted the butterfly and the dragonfly to be able to be flying in the rainbow ... so I got the flowers to replace them... So, I met John there on his break ... Nicky came with her 3 and John taught the boys how to use the hammer... after laying out where everything was to go and seeing that the sun was really too small to fit in the picture we decided that there was another sign at Joanne's that would fit perfect and would tie whole wall in together... it is a sign that has 4 different signs - one hanging from the other... and it reads, "Life began in the garden" .... PERFECT!
So, back to the church ... John got all the critters predrilled and cut holes in the fabric so he could use screws to put them up - ... John, Joey and Matt got all the critters/flowers up and then John had to go to work and Joey had karate... I painted the rest of the wall where we had taken down the previous border and decided not to continue there again... finished the trim, and folded/stapeled the fabric over the trim so it blended well .... hung the new bulletin board... mom redid the Sunday School bulletin board, and we had just enough material left to redo the top of the piano seat... there 2 tiny things that still need to be finished ..... and yes of course after it is up and done - I feel the need to move things... but that is impossible and I must now live with the fact the lizard is over too far to the left... and the Life began in the Garden sign maybe should have been taken apart and the signs spread out... overall - it's beautiful ... and I love it. Thanks to my wonderful husband, mom and friends who always back me up on my projects...
After that I sorted my Pampered Chef stuff (woohoo!) .. and made deliveries to all that had ordered... dinner was eaten in the car and homework was done this morning.

Today is Wednesday the 13th... I am playing Granny Esther tonight at Fellowship.... talking to a group of young girls at a Mother/Daughter banquet about how although outward beauty is very important to the world and media... it is of no importance to God .... I wrote out my "script" and it's getting critiqued or I would post it here ... plus that would be a realllllllly long post... so I will let you know tomorrow how it went.... I need to go to goodwill today and get something to wear..

I still need to get some actual work done this week!!!

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

You *are* busy! I can't wait to see the room today...I bet the lizard looks just fine...DON'T MOVE IT! LOL