Monday, January 28, 2008

Today was a good day....

I slept until 9:30... got up, made coffee and read my email and checked all the other sites for new posts. Around noon I realized I wasn't going to go to work.... so I called in. John came home and we went to lunch together - no kids!! We went to a Sushi place down the street that we have been saying for a long time we wanted to try. Yummm... Crabmeat w/ spicy tuna topped with avacado .. in a oh so yummy sauce... we finished the first tray and ordered another !!! Then we went to my moms for John to check on her car. (well, this part isn't good - he thinks her CV joint is out - what ever that means - but he does think that he can get his school to do the work) Then we got Jake from school and headed home. I worked on a puzzle with Jake and John took a nap. He called in sick to work... and we had dinner together at the table. (yes - I cooked) Then I saw several cool items on free cycle all from the same person so we went there and got it all. (hershey shaped fondue pot, couple of rugs, some plates, bag of party supplies, and 2 new paper lanterns) The only thing I am interested in for me is the fondue pot ... have been wanting one and we are planing a Valentines party at the church so thought it would be cute for that. The rest of the stuff I am going to take to Community's Child (http://www.communityschild.org/) to see if they want them for the house. And then if they don't want them - my friend Alexis runs the cafe at our church - maybe she will want them.

But the best part of the day ... I was sitting at my son Christopher's desk reading a paper he is writing for his class and he got an IM from someone. It was a girl... a girl that I didn't know he was still talking to ... and he said that he hasn't talked to her in a while but then he showed me a blog she wrote on her my space. Basically the blog said that she had all but given up on God. She was down because she didn't understand why a loving God would allow such bad things to happen to her. Her friend explained to her how God is a master potter and we are the clay. And the bad things in life are the chisel coming against the hard clay. And if it weren't for the potter using the chisel then we would remain a large clump of unusable and hard clay. She said that she had been told by sooo many people about God but this was the first time that she actually got it... her friend took the time to talk to her ... he cared enough to share with her... and she was forever grateful. That friend was my boy ....

There have been so many doubts in my mind lately if he had ever gotten anything that he had been taught... if any of the words that I had ever said actually got through.... if he would ever be able to defend his faith and stand for Christ. Actually I wondered if he even knew who He really is... but it is evident that he does not only know Christ but understands his relationship with Him and believes that it is important for others to know the same.

My heart is overflowing...

Thank you Lord for answering my prayers .... and giving this momma some much needed peace.

No comments: