Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

This Thanksgiving we made dinner, ate and headed out of town!!

None of that happened as fast as I would have liked... but it is par for course in the Hammond household.

Our Pastor owns a home outside of Tehachapi, CA in a small gated community called Bear Valley Springs. He keeps it as a vacation and one day retirement home... It just so happened that he ran into a small plumbing problem. Since John is a master plumber, that is great news for us!!!

We went up, he did the small plumbing job and we had 4 (well 3 by the time we got there on Thurs)... great days in the country... I got up in the morning, went to the kitchen to make coffee and look out the window to see the horses across the street grazing.... ahhh.... what a life.

We have been there twice (no, we didn't break the plumbing last time so we could go up again...) and both absolutely love the town. It's got a small town feel but not so small that one feels they are far removed from civilization...in fact, they have a KMart, a movie theatre, and a SONIC!

Last time we were there, John and I drove around and just looked at the countryside... On our way to the lake we found a house for sale.... sitting on almost 5 acres of horse property. The house is older (think Brady Bunch) but the kitchen has been updated, it has a huge dining room and a view of the lake.

So, this time - we HAD to go back and see if the house is still available. Yep - it is. Now, John and I know we are in no position to go off and buy a house ... but we can dream!!!!

I guess the only thing stopping us is work for John... but there is a prison not far from there...hmmm... I wonder if they have a program where they teach inmates trades??? And I could start the horse conservation that I dream of ... and John would be able to fish whenever he wanted!!!

As I type this - I realize that I didn't take one picture... sorry...

2 problems with this dream - Family (his and mine).... what would I do about my mom? It would be a little too far from her... and it would be alot too close to his!!!

Oh well...

No comments: