Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dusting is dangerous...

My sister is coming to visit for Christmas!!! She will be here tomorrow morning!! I am so excited to be able to spend Christmas with her...

Until then I wasn't really in the Christmas mood and barely got the tree put up. I usually have all my regular stuff down and the living room filled with snowmen of all sorts... This year I just didn't feel like doing it. But when I heard of her coming - my mood changed and so out came the snowmen!!

Well, in the snowmen are candles and votive holders... As I was placing them around in strategic places - I saw that some of my regular votive holders are way overdue on dusting. In fact they were so bad they had to be washed. So, I took them to the sink and was washing one when it broke - and sliced into my finger. I finished washing it and saw that it could be repaired. I got out the superglue, pieced the broken glass back into place and proceeded to glue my fingers to the glass. After pulling my fingers apart and ripping off the skin - I put away the votive holders and decided to ignore any other dust bunnies that might (are) lurking in the living room.

I knew there was a reason I didn't dust....

3 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

Oh Cassi! That's such a tv show moment! I hope you're okay!! LOL

Jenny said...

yay for sisters!

sharkiepatronus said...

Oh No!!!

Dusting is dangerous... Now if only there was a way to claim that vacuuming was hazardous to ones self...LOL!

I hope you have a great Christmas with your family!