Friday, December 12, 2008

Guess it's my turn....

I was tagged by several friends on their blogs - with 25 Christmas Questions...

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I do like Egg Nog... but nothing beats a really good hot chocolate... like the one at the Parking Lot Party the other night - it was YUMMY!!!

2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually Santa bring in the BIG gift so it is either in a very large bag or maybe a sheet thrown over...

3) Colored lights or white? Ummm... I forget what I have on my tree... I think it's colored????

4) Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5) When do you get out your decorations? whenever I can get someone to muddle through the mess in the garage to get them out... (which is tomorrow morning - thanks to Danny!)... and whenever it fits into my schedule - which there hasn't been much room lately...

6) Favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? Well, we don't do a "traditional" (yes, I did use quotation marks)dinner at Christmas time... but at Thanksgiving it's my mom's stuffing!!! white bread, apples, sausage.... yummy....

7) Favorite holiday memory as a child? hmmmm... can't seem to come up with one...not a particular one anyway ... but I always loved when we all went to my Grandmother's house for holidays.... I loved it there...

8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? what do you mean "the truth?"... what are you trying to say?

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yep - generally we open all our gifts on Christmas Eve (except for Santa) because that is the only day we have all 3 boys... Cole and Christopher are usually gone by Christmas morning....

10) How do you decorate your trees? Everyone in the house has ornaments that were put into their stocking when we took the tree down the previous year ... they are then responsible for hanging those ornaments on the tree this year... there is really no theme to the tree - if you can believe it about me - very little "matches".... just a hodgepodge of stuff I have collected over the years...

11) Snow, love it or hate it? Have never lived in the snow - but loved it when I visited it!

12) Can you ice skate? I have only tried once - when I took Christopher to Colorado on vacation... we did manage to make it around the rink a few times...

13) Do you remember your favorite gift? hmmm... another one I have to think about... John works really hard on gifts for me at Christmas and he really outdid himself last year.... I am still amazed at my Fossil purse and how he picked out just the right one!!!... also my horse blanket from several years ago that he went to 5 stores to find... EDIT: just read Hattie's blog and her favorite gift is her cello - which reminds me of the violin that John bought me - no, I don't play but desperately want to.... and then that reminded me of the year he got the flag from my dad's funeral put in a glass display box ... I really do have an awesome husband...

14) What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Jesus and my boys

15) Favorite Holiday dessert? fudge

16) Favorite Christmas tradition? how we open the gifts... I don't put name tags on the gifts... everyone has their own wrapping paper... I put a swatch of that wrapping paper down in the toe of their stocking... so we then draw names and take a turn at opening the stockings - it's at that point the boys begin to realize which gifts are theirs under the tree... then we draw names again to see who opens a gift... putting all the names back in after one gift... we continue until all the gifts are open... this slows down the whole process and makes it all about watching each other and not a mad dash to just tear into your own stuff...

17) What tops your tree? wow - I am losing it - I don't remember that either...

18) What's better giving or receiving? should I be honest or do you want the good Christian answer?

19) Favorite Christmas song? Possibly O Holy Night...

20) Candy Canes, yummy or yucky? they can be good.

21) What do you want for Christmas? Disneyland passes... but since John has lost weekends (32 hours of OT on each paycheck) ... not sure if that is going to be possible...

22) Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? church banquet where we watch the annual slide show!!! - (which we are still working on - so if you have a great picture that just MUST get in there - send it to us!!)

23) Do you dress up for Christmas eve? I try to never dress up...

24) Do you own a Santa Hat? there is one around here somewhere - not sure if it is mine

25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with? John, the boys, and my brother Matt and Nancy.... sure wish my sister could be here!!!

Is there anyone who reads my blog that is not tagged??? If so - consider yourself tagged... yes, that means you Heather and Jen.... and if you are a reader that doesn't have a blog - you can do it in email!!!

No comments: