Friday, October 24, 2008

DON'T SELECT ALL!!!!

Oh my what a hornets nest I opened today... I sent out (what I thought to be) a pretty harmless email. Here it is to judge for yourself:

Please read the attached article... this is sooooo much more than marriage or even tolerance... the agenda that is being pushed on children needs to be stopped. This has no place in the kindergarten classroom!!! ! But as you can see in the article - it is already happening... .

For those I have sent this to in California - and if you had any idea of voting no on Prop 8, I hope that you will reconsider.

For those I have sent this to outside of California - heads up --- it will come to your state someday...


With a link to an article that I had received via email

But what I unfortunately forgot to do when I selected all in my address book was to delete a Yahoo group that I am a member of.... YIKES! What came back to me was an pure hatred... (thanks Alexis for defending me).

I know that that group is not the place to post personal or political opinion... I do know that really... it was an accident.... but I have to say that several people did respond to me with kindness and even thanked me for the information and one even said that before the email they were voting the wrong way because they were confused with the wording. They thought that since they were against it they should vote no... so I was happy to be able to right that. (tricky aren't they? - VOTE YES for a state amendment)

In any case - word to the wise: Be careful when selecting all in your email address book!!!!

OH - and just because I may have a different opinion than you - doesn't mean I hate you or anyone else...

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

Poor Cassi!!

Heather Rose-Chase said...

Here's another free piece of advice: blind copy people. Then those people can't hit "reply all" and the cycle stops. It also protects the email addresses of the people in your address book. How HORRIBLE that person was!