Monday, October 27, 2008

A Better Explanation (hopefully)

Let me begin by saying that I do not hate anyone...and am I am not in a place of judgment over ANYone's life. I have someone very close to me (name withheld because I did not get previous permission to use it) that is homosexual. I LOVE HIM - DEARLY. I love his partner as well. It would be very sad and in fact would upset me greatly if he was sick and his partner was not allowed to be by his side in the hospital. They have been together for longer than I can remember and for that reason do think that one should be allowed on the others insurance. That is not my issue...

What I am upset with is how the schools are going farther and farther to take away parental rights. Just like the school has to get permission to hand out an aspirin but can advise and even help a girl obtain an abortion... this is going too far.

In Mass schools ARE teaching about same sex marriages in kindergarten... Parents are not being notified ahead of time and if they want to opt their child out - they can't. That is not right. For many people (you may disagree) but for many people this is a morality issue - and that should be taught at home. Watch this video for what happened to this father when he tried to step into his child's education.

In California - same sex marriage was put out for the voters. It didn't pass. It didn't pass by a HUGE majority. But 4 judges thought they knew better than the voters and overturned the decision. And now it IS being taught here in elementary schools. Here are three news articles to support what I say. article 1 article 2 article 3


I don't remember either of my children being taught about a marriage between a man and a woman in public school - why does this need to be taught???

EDIT: I am glad to report that although the first emails that I have received were hateful and spiteful - to date I have received far more emails with kindness and actually asking for more information... so I guess it worked out in the long run!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for posting this cassi. It does feel like it has been a constant battle to defend the opposing side... this is when i'm glad that i'm not the only one (: