Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mom/Son/Trip Update

Today's blood work shows that mom's pancreas situation is getting worse - and it has spread to her liver. I say situation since they still don't know really what "this" is. They have several theories: 1- a small stone they can't see on the CT scan; 2 - scarring in the sphincter muscle from the gallbladder; 3 - the bile duct(s)closing up. If it's #3 - they don't know why it's doing that. At any case tomorrow or Friday they will be transporting her to Torrance to have an ERCP done... (where they go down with a scope, a balloon and a grabber to see, enlarge ducts and extract whatever is in the way). I guess we will know more after that.

Christopher is still planning on moving although I am told by everyone in Texas that they are telling him that this is not a good plan and that he should not do it. I guess we will see what happens when mid October gets here (that's when he says he is going) - since they say they are not funding the trip to get him there. Right now, I am praying for the Air Force. I have been told by 3 people of their experience and training they received there - and it sounds great.

I was planning on taking a vacation the first part of October to go to the East coast with my mom and sister to visit family and see where my mom grew up... but East coast family has said that it is not a good time (with the above 2 things - they are probably right). So, it looks like my sister is coming here to visit instead!

So, in all cases - looking for God's will and plans to be carried out.

No comments: