Friday, May 16, 2008

Horses.

I know that most of my readers think I am a little crazy for loving horses like I do. At the most - I know you don't get it.

I've been thinking alot about it lately. Just what is it? It's so much more than, "they are pretty."

So, here's what I have come up with: they are the closest thing I can think of that embodies all the attributes of God. ... beautiful, graceful, loving, gentle, peaceful...fun-loving, relational...a great listener.... faithful... but strong and powerful at the same time.... and when you can no longer walk ~~ they will carry you.

Now, you know...

www.refugefarms.com www.refugefarms.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Alexis said...

I don't get it...but I get *you* so I think it's beautiful, your love of horses.

Anonymous said...

i'm with Alexis, but I understand where you are coming from. God likes to reveal Himself to us in different ways and for you it's through Horses. (:

p.s I don't know why Open ID doesn't work :/

LJ is just better for me (:

Iloveaussies said...

Thats a very nice comparrisson, I would have never thought of horses that way

Anonymous said...

I get it now.
and I agree with Brittany too :D

Cassi said...

yay!!! someone gets it!!!

Jen said...

A perfect way to relate how I feel,too, Cassi. I found you on Teachings of the Horse, by the way. Horses have a gentleness about them, and combining that with their power really strikes me. Our God is the same. He is powerful and gentle at once, and loves us with a free and open heart, just like our horses do. Horses breathe each other's breath when they meet and touch noses... and it's an old native American belief that breathing someone else's breath transfers some of their soul to you, I believe. If only I had a heart and soul as pure as a horse. They are mythology come to life, I think. Thanks for such ann inspiring post.