Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Completely Random

I just realized I haven't blogged in a while... so what's been going on?

Well, I have started a new business - I am a Pampered Chef Consultant. I was very scared at first to start - but like a wise woman told me this weekend - that is what stops most people from doing anything - they don't start. So, I jumped in with both feet first and invited my entire block to a party at my house!! 2 neighbors showed up - but my awesome friends where there to support me. I needed $600 in sales to qualify and my total sales for that one show were $764.00. The month I signed up they were offering new consultants extra spending money if we qualified in our first 30 days. Since I qualified - I not only am getting a commission check - but I received $200 in shopping credit!!!! Talk about excited!!! Since then I have had 2 more shows and have 3 officially on the calendar. Several others are saying they will book - but I need to get the dates down. It has been a lot easier than I thought... I guess it really helps that I actually do believe in the product. Wanna check it out? Here's a link to my website!!

I have also been practicing for our upcoming play at The Bay. We are doing a 3 act play called "Family Outings." I play a 40(ish)wife and mother of 2 boys. I had to do a lot of research for this one - let me tell ya!!! I'm nothing like the character at all - really. One of my lines: "So what if I'm busy? I LIKE being busy!" Production will be the last weekend of September... and it will be dinner theatre! Plan those date nights now!!! (I don't recommend bringing the kiddos due to some of the real life subject matter.)

I have recently learned how to run the sound board for our church. This has opened up a new ministry to me - Funerals. I have done 2 now... the last one was soooo incredibly moving... It was the wife/mom who had died. Poetry that she and her husband had written to each other was read aloud... major tear jerker. I have decided that I don't want to be dead for my funeral. No - I want to be alive and present. It may be the last (and only) time I get to hear some people say nice things about me!!

Christopher is still in Texas ... he doesn't come home until the 21st of August. He got a tattoo the other day. I have had lots of people ask me what I think about it. My answer: I would rather he not - BUT, he's 18 & and he's in Texas - there's not much I can do about it. Yes, I can throw a fit and be mad about it - but I would rather him be home with a tattoo then in Texas with a tattoo. I don't think it's worth losing our relationship over. I had asked 2 things of him: don't get anything that can possibly be considered demonic or have any demonic ties to it - and get it where you can cover it up if you want/need to. He did both those things - so I'm happy. He respected my wishes - so I will respect his.

San Pedro is working on bettering their image - here's a little video of what is new down at the entrance to the Cruise Ship Terminal. (don't know why I decided to turn my camera on the side - sorry but I do think you will enjoy the 1 min clip)

My sister, mom and I are planning a trip to the East Coast in October. My mom's sister is getting pretty up there in age - and my mom is fearful that she might not ever get to see her again... and she wants to be able to take her girls around her old stomping grounds. Her biggest fear is "what about Jake???" Geez mom - I guess his dad will have to figure that out!!

I have recently come back into contact with an old friend. It was a bit awkward - the day and evening happened like it was just last week that we had talked instead of a year and a 1/2 ago. I'm not sure how far it will go or if it will ever be like it was. Actually I don't think that it will ever be EXACTLY the same since I don't think I'm exactly the same person I was then.... but I am happy that our boys have been able to reconnect (young and old) ... they were the best of friends. In fact, they are going fishing tomorrow.

We had an earthquake today. 5.4 or 5.8 on the scale. This was the first one that I actually felt. Kinda freaky. I was on the 2nd floor of our church.... you could totally see things rocking on the bookcase!! I was with our youth pastor - who had never felt one before either. We were like, "Wow-that was big." But of course all the natives were saying that it was nothing. Oh well.

I've probably missed something since it has been a while. But that's all that I can think of right now. Hope I haven't lost all my readers....

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

You've had a busy 11 days!! LOL

Alexis said...

I loved the earthquake. :)

And I am *so* happy about your friend.