Thursday, January 8, 2009

Check up & Follow up...

Hey there.... how's it going??? 8 days in - are we all still in this?? I sure hope that no one has listened to the enemy and believed the nonsense that this is not only necessary but vital.

If you haven't been to Beth's blog yet - I strongly suggest you check it out!! Beth has posted a video tutorial to help us in this journey... it's little over 15 minutes and full of great info. She goes over a acrostic to help us remember the verses... R-E-N-E-W... go find out what it stands for...

I wasn't planning on getting index cards ... but I think that I have changed my mind. I want to be able to look back at the end of the year and see the progress in a very tangible way...although I pray that I will also be able to see the progress in a not so tangible way.

On a different note... I *think* that Christopher has figured out that this girl is not the one for him. His uncle spoke to him ... and to her separately and basically told them both that they need to stay away from each other. She needs to stop leading him on and he needs to get on with life. Thanks for the prayers and pep talks/words of wisdom... but please, keep praying - he's not home yet.

I'm currently having a cup of hot tea... Holiday Tea - Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride... my sister bought it and I decided to have a cup because I am missing her. I can't really go into details - but if you remember - could you please pray for her?... basically life is not playing fair... but she sure could use some Jesus.

Well... let me know what's up with you...

3 comments:

sharkiepatronus said...

Basically done with the first verse but there is a part where I get stuck. I've kinda started looking for the next one. I got an amazing book for Christmas and the first chapter talks about the spring rain and it made me think of you.

Unknown said...

Well... i have two days to come up with another scripture lol... I think i'm with you on the index cards... then you can still re-read the scripture from previous month to keep it fresh on your mind... and my mind... because knowing me, i'll need it ha.

sharkiepatronus said...

I totally didn't think that it was for people who weren't there and then she said right ureter, and I figured well, that's not her...