Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Man It Bites When Your Mom is Right!

Had a long talk with Christopher the other night. One of our topics of conversation was the girl here in CA that he has been somewhat interested in. I for the longest time have been telling him that girls at this point in life are just a waste of time. Nothing against girls - after all I am one. But because I am - I know what goes on in the head of a 16 yr old girl....ALOT. The wind can blow and the mood will change. And I (being a mom) don't think that this is anything that my son needs to confuse his already confused head with.... (Side note: this is BTW the same thing I tell the teenage girls in my life about boys!) But he is 18 now... so I have loosened the strings (some anyway).

And back to our conversation the other night.... I asked him - "So, have you been keeping in touch? What's going on with her?" And he said, "Yeah, we talk all the time. But.... (long pause) I don't know about her." "Why son?" "Well, because you just never know what your gonna get. One minute she is fine and the next ...well."

At this point I couldn't help it... I just couldn't. I laughed so hard that I think at one point I actually snorted. I caught my breath and then... "Man it bites when your mom is right..." He laughed, "yeah... it does, it really does."

3 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

I hope this girl doesn't read your blog!! LOL

Kevin said...

Mom's are so annoying when they're right too - rubbing it in and all. But the dating game at that age is such a joke. I hope to raise my kids to not waste their time too.

Heather Rose-Chase said...

I can only hope for the day when I FINALLY get to have a similar experience... You are such an awesome mom!