Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ask God One Question?

I recently received a flyer in the mail from a local church. They are starting a new study - where they have asked the locals this question:

If you could ask God one question - what would it be?

Well, they are then taking those questions and answering them one by one...

But it got me to thinking - One Question ... hmmm... wow - there are so many... if I had to pick one - what would it be???

I guess the one that I want to know is about my dad. My dad died when Christopher was 9 months old... I don't *think* my dad was saved... but I don't know - I never asked. I know my grandmother was... but have no idea about my dad.... have a strong feeling that no he was not (and frankly the outcome of that is not one I really like thinking about) ... but I would like to know - where is my dad?

The questions that were on the flyer were very basic questions like:
Why do bad things happen to good people?
What happens when I die?
Will my family recognize me in heaven?
Why is there evil in the world?

SO - if you could ask God one question - what would it be???

3 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

I would ask the same as you, but about my grandma. =/ And like you, I don't think I want to know the answer.

Anonymous said...

That's a very thought provoking question... I'll get back to you on that one.

Alexis said...

I couldn't ask one question... because I think it would be something like "why?" and I think I know a lot of the why...

I think I'd just cry and fall apart.