Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Self Feeder

I was talking to someone the other day and he reminded me that it is not anyone else's job to grow me up in God's Word. It is mine and mine alone. I had some quite time alone today so... I thought I would make good use of it. A dear friend of mine gave me this workbook some time ago. It's called the Self Feeder. One of the pastors at her church put it together. It has a plan to get through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in a year. Yes I know there are lots of plans and I have tried some but most are just too much. I feel that I am trying to cram in so much information that I miss what God is trying to tell me. This plan takes it one small bite at a time. But it's not just about the reading plan. There are journal pages with the same questions for every day's reading.

What is the Key Verse for you in the reading.
Write out the verse.
What does it mean to me?
What is the breakthrough thought?
How can I apply it to my life?
What do I need to tell God today?

I opened up the plan today's reading list. For today, Oct 9th - it was Psalm 44-45. At first I was thinking - wow how things change from one minute to the next. Psalm 44 is talking about how they are wondering where God is and then in Psalm 45 they are talking about welcoming the bride.
But then Psalm 45:10, 11b jumped out at me. "Listen, O daughter. Consider and incline you ear; forget your people also, and your father's house... because He is your Lord worship him.

Hmmm.... interesting....

So, what does this mean to me? It's not about the place of worship but it's WHO I worship.
What is the breakthrough thought? Not sure.... is God trying to tell me to move on?
How can I apply it to my life? Worship Him where ever I am.
What do I need to tell God today? Dear Lord, I want to be where You are and want to be doing what You want me to be doing.

No comments: