Monday, August 3, 2009

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Well, as most of you probably know - we have been wanting to move into a larger place to live. We have been looking for a few months.... a few maybes but nothing has panned out.

We looked at another home on Saturday evening. A 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage... nice size living room, dining room, kitchen, inside laundry... private back yard. I got there first and ended up talking to the owner for about an hour before John arrived. Our conversation somehow became about how amazing God is. We both agreed and had many testimonies to share with each other about His continued faithfulness.

John arrived, we liked the house - and it all of a sudden became clear that the owner was offering the house to us - with out us even filling out an application. In fact, she didn't even know our last name! Then, I asked how much the deposit is. I was expecting, to hear 2 times the rent as I had heard on so many others. No, she wanted, 2 times the rent PLUS $1000 deposit. Oh yikes... that's $4800! John never worries about money and said no problem. I on the other hand - worried.

This morning, I worried some more and thought it best that I be honest with her. So, I called her and told her that we just couldn't possibly come up with that much money. I'm so sorry but we will have to decline. She said that she would take the $1900 for the last month, $950 for the first month since we won't be getting the keys til the 15th and only $500 deposit. What? That's $1500 off ?!?!!?!? Oh wow... um... OK?

Well, John and I have been saving up money for this but thought that it might be inevitable that we take out the money I have in an old 401K/IRA account. We knew that there would be huge penalties and taxes but that is the only place we knew we could come up with more cash fast. I really didn't want to lose 1/2 of that to taxes... hmmmm.... We have the $1900 saved, don't have to pay the $950 til the 15th... where to find $500 right now?

Then, I remembered that I had 2 paychecks that I had not cashed that were a little over $100 each... so now where to find the other $250? "Something" told me - check the mail... and as God has done for me so many times in the past - there it was, a check for $260...

Man, is God good or what?

So, the next question is - who's ready to help us move?????

2 comments:

Heather Rose-Chase said...

That is AWESOME! We will be more than happy to help you move of course! We're pros at it! What wonderful news! Yeah God!

Nicky Stade said...

Yay! For some reason, my phone wouldn't let me text you back yesterday, but pretty much other than the Intentional Woman group meeting on that Saturday morning, we're not doing anything. So after the meeting we can help with the move!