Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17th.... that means -

Well, for one it means that it's Saint Patrick's Day - don't forget to wear your green!

And for two it means that I am behind again on my memory scripture.... and since my excuse for not doing it is simply weariness - I thought I would look up some scriptures on that.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

2 Thessalonians 3:13:
But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 57:10
You grew weary in your search,but you never gave up. Desire gave you renewed strength, and you did not grow weary.

Isaiah 28:12
God has told his people,“Here is a place of rest; let the weary rest here. This is a place of quiet rest.” But they would not listen.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 50:4
[The Lord’s Obedient Servant] The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.


I think the one that speaks to me the most is the first one... I feel that I have been doing what I should - and thought that I would see some fruit of that labor. In truth, I have even thought many times of giving up.... but - God promises there WILL be a reaping of what we sow.... IF we do not grow weary.

SO -
Galatians 6:9
Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Here's mine:

John 14:27 (NLT)

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid."

jennifer

Nicky Stade said...

Do not give up! That's a good message to remember...I suggest you finally take about 15 minutes to fill out all your cards and put them in your book. You'll feel better knowing you accomplished something, and then you can carry them around in your purse and practice them. =)

Unknown said...

geez, i'm pretty much awful! lol..

but good job Cassi!!!

sharkiepatronus said...

"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."

Philippians 1:6 (The Message)

I don't usually use this translation, but I really liked the wording.