Monday, November 10, 2008

Tagged..... hmmm...

Well, I was tagged I think 3 times so I guess I have to do this... but hmmmm... what to say that everyone doesn't already know? I don't keep much secret....

Guess I will have to think about it... check back later... I need coffee first.

1st Edit:
Hmmm... 1/2 a cup of coffee down... what do I have to share? You already know I have 3 tattoos - that's not new news... hmmm...

1. I can't stand the taste of cloves or black licorice. My mom used to put cloves all over ham ... and I bit into one once....ugggghhh... and black licorice - that's just yuk.

2. My sister's dad thought for the longest time (don't know if he ever really believed differently) that I was her child and not my mom's. He believed that my dad, my mom, 2 of my brothers and my sister all squeezed into a Volkswagen Bug and drove from Cali to Texas because my sister was pregnant.... in fact it was my mom that was pregnant - with me.

Ok ... drawing a blank... have to think some more....

2nd Try:
3. I desperately want a house with a wrap around porch. My grandmother (the only one I knew - my dad's mom) had a huge front porch with a swing on it - the best memories of childhood come from that home.

4. I went to college to become a Elem Ed Teacher... I didn't finish because I let some boy rule me... The desire to teach began for me in 6th grade when my elem school started a program for the GT kids in 6th grade to tutor the slower kids in 1st and 2nd in reading.. We had to develop our own lesson plans, flash cards, etc - I had a girl in 1st who was painfully shy and wouldn't speak and a boy in the 2nd who was ADHD before there was ADHD... they were both in the bottom level of reading and by the end of the year had moved to the top! I was hooked... even though I didn't finish college and become a public school teacher - God has been so gracious to allow me many opportunities to fulfill this desire...

5. It makes my blood boil to see someone get bullied... I was bullied constantly by my brother. He would take my stuffed bear and hold it above his head ... I would cry and my mother would tell me to leave my brother alone.

6. In elem school I was always the last one picked for kickball. I hated recess. Maybe that is why today I still don't enjoy sports... and maybe another reason why I so looked forward to going to the library to tutor.

Stuck again... gotta think some more...

3rd go around: Thought so much I came up with 2 more! So now I have 8

7. I enjoy math. I'm not the greatest at it but I like higher math like Algebra and Geometry - I see it as a puzzle and then it becomes fun. I also had a slight crush on my Algebra teacher in high school....

8. When John and I used to have a boat we used to take days off and play hookey from work and the kids. We were both working full time then... I would call in sick and he was self employed... My mom was watching the kids back then and we would both tell her we were going to work and would take the boat out to the harbor. John would fish and I would fish some but mainly read. We didn't talk much... just enjoyed each others company and the peace and quiet. As much as we all know how I like to stay busy, I miss those days.

OK - now I'm done.... let's see - what readers do I have that are not tagged in others blogs?? Heather? I don't know who else actually reads my blogs - so if you do - consider yourself tagged!

EDIT AGAIN: now I keep thinking of more - here's another: I'm allergic to CoverGirl Makeup... for the same reason I am allergic to Noxema - they both contain Noxell...

3 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

I know you said you're not done, but I couldn't wait to comment: I hate black licorice, too!!! EW!

Unknown said...

i hate black licorice too... it's so so so gross!!

i want a wrap around porch as well... i think they are so awesome... and then you can sleep out there in the summer!!! maybe i'll come visit you when you get your house with the wrap around porch.

I actually don't like Cover Girl makeup...with the exception of this new mascara they just released... it's called lash blast!!

and no, it's a bonus that he could sing to me... it's actually mandatory that he love Jesus. (:

sarahbeth said...

That was cool! I like your random blog-ish thoughts!

And I like black licorice!